Once again we bring you a weekend round-up. This is not because we are super lazy bloggers, this is because we are super busy bloggers who have not had the time or energy this weekend to blog. This weekend seems to have been very long, and extremely odd once again and I think the best way to tell you about this strange weekend is by taking it a day at a time…
Friday – Semi-Formal
Now this was an odd night. Fun, but odd. The night started in the way that so many nights do – a pre-game as NoBo. Both Josie and John our dates for the night were on top form and we had a lovely time drinking (or pretending to in my case) high quality liquor, taking some very attractive pictures and playing some interesting games.
We then progressed back to Theta house for part #2 and were greeted not only with a huge pong table in my bedroom but also Ivan (naturally, complete with tequila) … you can see where this is going. My date was a little worse for wear by this point so we headed to Trinkle Hall (think a bigger version of the Bop exe people…). Trinkle was…interesting. I must admit my highlight was the free catered Chick-Fil-A and brownies. American dancing is even more scary when one is sober and sober me felt like she was in the middle of some giant, clothed sex party without an invite! At least I had my fellow Brits to awkwardly dance as if we were in Liquid in the middle of all the action! It goes without saying that everyone had abandoned Trinkle and the high-class DJ who did at one point refer to us as “party people” in favor of other events. We however, had no other events so went on back to theta where sober drunk texts were exchange, the piano was played and a jolly good time was had by all. It was all a bit odd really, but a fun night none the less. It has also proved to me that these formal events require a certain amount of intoxication to overcome certain cultural differences 😉
Saturday – Campus Golf
So THIS was Campus Golf…
We had been warned about Campus Golf from the very first weeks of our time at W&M. It is a time to get drunk, dress up, frolic gayly and hit tennis balls around campus for charity. As you can see we thought we were really funny and decided to dress up at the British Royal Fam and I must say, it went down a treat with our American cousins. Here are some of the royally good moments of the day:
- Finding out our t-time was 10.08am…at 9.15am. Subsequently crawling out of bed and running around in a stupor trying to find tiaras, elastic and royal attire. (Obviously we were not prepared in advance…)
- Pre-game #1 – ten minutes before tee time, Bella and Emily struggling after the night before, Josie still in bed and me sober on meds was an interesting and frantic pre-game.
- Actually “playing” golf – we basically just had to hit a ball across the sunken gardens, but with the royal masks, and thus no peripheral vision, it was even more difficult than it should have been.
- Sending greetings and salutations to tour groups – for some strange reason I felt it would be entirely appropriate to wave to groups of perspective students touring campus shouting “welcome to william & mary!” in my best queen voice. whilst most people looked bemused there were always one or two mothers at the back exclaiming “oh my gawwwwd it’s the queen!” – priceless.
- Emily getting her calf stuck in her jeans. Realizing that she had a mysterious bruise from the night before, Emily proceeded to try and show us, only to her get skinny jean well and truly stuck on her calf. A four man effort could not make it move and as her circulation began to slowly cut off we thought it best to remove the jeans fully which was a beautiful occasion all round.
- Pre-games #2 & #3 – Queenie decided to drink Monster to rally…bad idea. For the rest of the day I may as well have been intoxicated. My strange caffeine/steroid mix was enough to make me suitably inappropriate for a sober person for the rest of the day. This included waving to more unsuspecting tours and shouting “RULE BRITANNIA” at the top of my lungs..
- Wills getting stuck in a tree – perhaps my personal highlight. I haven’t yet mentioned the fact that Saturday was VERY WINDY. I am not talking a breeze but huge gusts. One gust caught poor, unsuspectingly Wills off guard and blew his little face up, up, up into the air…then down into a tree next to WaWa. I think I must provide a picture just because it was too funny.
- The rest of the day was basically us pretending it wasn’t freezing outside, trying (and failing) to find the rest of our friends and then crashing at 4.30 to the OC, followed by an evening of classic Disney (more lion king) and sleeeeeep zzzzzz.
Sunday – The day that never happened
What happened to Sunday?! One minute it was 10am and the next it was midnight! I did spend my day in a very Sorority like manner with an alumni tea (minus the alumni; awkward…) and watching my wonderful room-mate Kate sing her recital (she was AMAZING). The evening was spent in what can only be seen as the best way ever – watching the Oscars with ma britz and my sistazz and eating Girl Scout Cookies. It’s a hard life.
AND THIS TIME NEXT WEEK WE WILL BE IN SAN DIEGO ARRRRRGHHH!
and just for the lols…